Volunteer at NeurasWant to be a part of conservation in Namibia? We’ve got the program for you. Our research volunteer program has an average rating of 9/10 as rated by past volunteers, and is often reported as the favorite part of our visitors’ stay in Namibia. We take pride in offering a way for people to enjoy giving back to Namibian conservation and hope you want to be a part of our efforts.
Neuras is one of the Naankuse release sites for captured and collared big cats, so as a part of the research volunteer program you may have an opportunity to see a release or capture, or take part in tracking the collared animals to check on their health in the wild. Neuras is crucial to the long-term success of our research program through Naankuse.
Activities at Neuras through our research volunteer program may include:
- Learning about GPS tracking in the field
- Learning about camera traps and analyzing their images
- Learning about the flora and fauna in the area
- Helping with game counts
- Helping with the vines at Neuras (activities vary)
- Hiking through the canyons or general area for various activities or challenges
- Other activities may arise while you are out there, so we appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and flexibility
Be a part of our research volunteer program today! Book through Naankuse (our parent company) by clicking here.